Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wow

This is my first post since April! I think what happened is all that responsibility stuff I was raving about finally overwhelmed me to the point where I stopped thinking and just kept moving. Survival mode. Then I purged it all at a bonfire. All-night dancing and celebrating. I was caught off-guard by the level of catharsis I experienced. People talk about that word, catharsis, but I wonder how often they actually experience true release. I think that was my first time.

So now, I have no excuse to procrastinate, haha. While all those pressures have eased up with the ending of the spring term, I am at risk of becoming overwhelmed by the summer to-do list I've made for myself. You know, all the fun stuff I never have time to work on. I realized that I tend to pile stuff on, like I'm afraid of sitting still. So, I making myself take a day off, sit still one day a week, all summer. I'll see how long that lasts, I guess.

1 comment:

Susan Stone-Lawrence said...

Dr. Tabby Cat, I presume?

Good, you joined the club!

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Love and kisses!