Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For Fans of the Office and Religious Open-mindedness

I recently stumbled upon some interesting perspective on religion and the Baha'i faith from Rainn Wilson of The Office, who is apparently a pretty deep individual.

He appeared on Oprah's Sirius Radio show to talk about his brainchild, called SoulPancake.

While not big on Oprah, I am certainly a big fan of The Office, and of The Schrute, and now I like him even better.

Of course, I'm one of the "hippy-dippy" ones Rainn is not keen on.


3 comments:

Susan Stone-Lawrence said...

You know, some of my in-laws are Baha'i. I guess I'll have to check out the interviews sometime when I can play them, because I didn't see any text to read. Hope all is well in your world.

Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Trace Yulie said...

My opinion is clear; sorry you didn't catch it.

I'm a fan of the show and the actor, and finding out that he is Baha'i is interesting to me. He has some good things to say about growing up Baha'i and what it means to him. I have met a number of members of the Baha'i and find them to be (generally) open-minded people who share some of my values.

Comments that express opinions are more valuable than ones that simply criticize. Good spelling and grammar are nice, too.