Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to Normal?

Finally, word from Clarion, and sadly it's no. But also some encouraging words:

"The admissions panel feels that you (sic) work shows promise and says you came 'very close' to being admitted."

I'll keep working and try again next year. At least the process has motivated me to rethink my life a little and put me over the hurdle of first submission fears. In the meantime, I need to start subbing my work elsewhere.

And, my posts can go back to normal instead of just functioning as Clarion tweets.

A big thank you to everyone who sent me good wishes and support!

5 comments:

Glenn W. said...

I am very proud of you!

Next year, no waiting until the last minute to submit. Let's get that app in early.

Now...get those mag subscriptions and start submitting!

love

E. J. said...

Sorry to hear it. But keep writing, and definitely do try again next year.

Trace Yulie said...

Thanks, guys. Your support keeps me going.

Brian said...

Sorry, I know how much you were looking forward to this. Thinking of you always!

Susan Stone-Lawrence said...

Good for you! You went for it, received some positive feedback, and you refuse to give up. Although I am sorry to hear about your disappointment, I hated watching you agonize. It seemed like you were in such a good place spiritually and creatively before all of that torture. I'll admit my ignorance about the prestige and opportunities associated with Clarion, but I refuse to believe any credentials imaginable merit you doubting your worth as a writer and a person. We all have room to learn and grow, and I encourage you to apply again next year, if it's something you want to do; just remember that you have everything you need within. Don't let anyone take it away. Who knows, this rejection may free you up for other blessings.